Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Thank God for babies


So this was us at our house this Thanksgiving-what a blessing! One other family came but left before we started taking pictures. Jesse, Shelly, and Katie Atwood are our friends in the middle. Clement, Carrie, and Kylie Sofka are on the left. They are our friends who just had another baby this afternoon! (Brianna Rose-6lb 10oz) It was amazing to see that little bambina (who had a full head of Texas-sized hair). Carrie was due this past Monday, but I think Brianna wanted to hold out for a sunny day, which today was :)

It's pretty awesome, awe-inspiring (and frightening all at the same time) to think that in about six weeks we'll be going to the hospital to deliver our little bambino! Wow-while I'm totally excited, I'm also nervous. With everything in pregnancy, birth, child care, and growth that I'm learning and seeing that while I have a large responsibilty, I have very little control. (and coming to the Lord with open hands when realizing the lack of control that I have) A wise friend once told me that the two things in life that had taught him the most about God were 1) getting married, and 2) having a child. I can already affirm the first one, and I have full confidence that the second will hold true as well.
steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home