Saturday, January 28, 2006

Musings of a new father

A wise friend once told me that the two things in life that taught him the most about God were: 1) getting married and 2) having a child. Already I have been able to attest to the truth in the first one. I am just now getting a glimpse of the second one, and I believe that it will hold true as well.

So, my son is 9 days old. Today Jules and I were looking at an old picture, from about 2 and a half years ago, of the two of us at a beach in Pensacola. We said to each other, where's Caleb? We've known him for 9 days (plus ~9 months), but on the other hand it feels like we have always known him.

We are really excited about all that God has in store for us in the upcoming days, weeks, and months. We are, honestly, scared too. "It's like I'm 98% excited and 2% scared. Or...or maybe it's 2% excited and 98% scared, I dunno, that's what makes it so intense ."

But being a dad is totally wonderful. Jules and I are starting to learn about being efficient with time, in order to provide for Caleb, as well as to have time together, as well as to get things done.

1 Comments:

At 2/21/2006 1:09 PM, Blogger Suzanne & Duncan Forbes said...

Steve & Jules

What a sweet baby boy and very accurate description of parenthood. It is amazing how selfless you have to become when you have kids - but it's all worth it!

Love to you all - Suz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home