Friday, December 23, 2005

Be a Carpenter as I am a Carpenter?


So, with Jules due in January, I've been working on building a changing table. It's not turning out to be the money-saving course of action that I was anticipating, but I am learning a lot, and I'm also having fun. The goal will be fulfilled also, which is having a functional, good-looking, and sturdy changing table.

Jules had bought me "The Complete Book of Woodworking" for my birthday. It has lots about different kinds of wood, joints, and woodworking techniques, as well as some project plans.
link to the book at Barnes and Noble.com

So I'm having much fun. I confess that at times it is frustrating, especially since I'm taking a plan from the book, and making it longer and taller. Also, I've realized (a couple of times after the fact) that I'd overlooked a couple things. So now, it's actually going have three drawers and a cabinet, with a matching piece of auxiliary furniture- a tall skinny set of four drawers.

As you can see from the photo, Buddy our black lab sometimes helps me with the project :)
steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home