Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Love


Sometimes love comes in so many forms. On Valentine's Day, when Steve was on duty, I was overwhelmed by the fact that God loves us and that HE is our completion; I am God's sweetheart! He loves and adores me, in the depth of who I am, and I can dance in that grace and the knowledge that I am so deeply loved.


Some flowers I have received from the Lord recently:



  • In spite of a tremendous loss of our dear Grandfather Bill Lucking on Feb 5, we have cherished the depth of family ties so much more, even across the miles. It is so precious to draw closer to those you love through such a difficult time, and what a gift to be able to share tears even with people you no longer take for granted!

  • Caleb is playing alongside me right now, so cute, so quiet and yet so boisterous! He is full of chatter, and to my heart's delight, has begun communicating more and more through words and signing. Whahoo for who the Lord made this little boy to be! What an adventure...

  • I am amazed that in the middle of winter, there can be a moment of sunshine; what a lift of the heart a few rays of light can bring!

  • It is my friend Jaclyn's bday today, and it just reminds me that life is such a gift- just even having you all on the other side of the screen, sharing in life via blog;), is a blessing that I do not take for granted- I cherish you all in my life!

  • My uncle is fighting cancer right now in California; through the difficult journey of grief with that struggle comes a reminder that God is present at all times, even when we walk through the valleys. In these times His arms are so strong that it blows you away to see how faithfully He cares about our heart's concerns.

  • Steve and Caleb and I have started delighting in hide-and-seek, much to Caleb's delight.

  • Caleb makes a fort out of anything. Getting out of it can be a trick though!;)

How dear all the blessings are in light of our passing lives; Ecclesiastes reminds us that our days are so fleeting; I praise God for the gift of being able to share these days, even just these moments. I don't know what is going on in your alls' lives, but I pray for them even now. Feel free to send along prayer requests and updates, for we pray fervently with dearest heart for you, and miss you all dearly.


Last thing, the verses from Psalm 37 stood out to me last night: "Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord and He will do this."


I do trust in the Lord, though my heart hurts; I trust His heart completely. I know that my pain is His, that my heart's delights cause Him to laugh out loud! Like a perfect Father that He is, He cares, delights, encourages and strengthens through even the days that are most cloudy. Praise Jesus that He came to live life WITH us...never will we go through all this alone when we are walking with him. (Ps 23)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home